As all of us are aware, due to corona pandemic most of the companies have made work from home either voluntary or mandatory. Work from home may be boon to growing work from home trend. During work from home/office there may be various problems during prolonged sitting in front of the computer or monitor. The most common are back pain, neck pain. These are also known as work related problems. Which happen due to prolonged sitting and seeing monitor if we won’t take some simple steps.
These following steps can be easily followed to make our job more effective and productive, which subsequently reduces stress over the spine and spinal column. Once these stress is reduced mental stress also reduces.
Common office related problems are:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Leg pain
- Numbness in the hands
- Blurring of vision
- Dryness in the eyes
- Muscle soreness and pain due to pressure after pronged sitting in one position
Tips to prevent these office related problems:
- Eye position-during working LAPTOP or COMPUTER monitor level should be at the level of the eye or slightly below.
- Neck and shoulder should be relaxed.
- Elbow and shoulder should be flexed at 70-90 degrees at least.
- Wrist should be pronated and not flexed.
- Our back should be supported by small pad or pillow.
- Thigh should be parallel to the ground.
- Foot should be resting flat and supported by small stool.
- Long static posture is not advisable – if you are sitting or standing, you have to change the position, you have to get up and walk around and take micro breaks for a minute or two. At the same time you can focus your eye on distant object, which will reduce your eye strain and prevent dryness in eyes.
- Using adjustable rotating chair is helpful instead of static chair.
- Other small things like reduce the brightness/contrast of the screen, increase in the font size and avoiding direct light source in from the the working area is avoided.
By following these steps we can work comfortably long hours and reduces the pressure over the spine and help our spine.
** this video is made for educational purpose, content and images are used. Any objections please mail us we will remove the contents.
Our expert Neuro team at Neurowellness in Bengaluru provides consultation and treatment to all neuro problems.
Brain and Spine Clinic
#1224, Ground-Floor, 26th Main, Jayanagar 9th Block
BANGALORE – 560069
+91 72596 69911
+91 73490 17701