- Anterior cervical microdiscectomy and fusion.
- It is done for most commonly done for cervical disc prolapse.
- Most common is C5C6 & C6C7.
- Then C4C5 can occur at a higher level also
- There may be compression of the nerve root, spinal cord causing severe neck pain, upper limbs pain and weakness in limbs and difficulty in walking
- Done under general anesthesia
- A small opening is made in the neck
- Neck structure is pushed, instead of cutting and corridor is made to reach the cervical spine
- The carotid artery will be lateral, trachea & esophagus will be medically
- Under fluoroscopy guidance involved disc is identified/localized
- With the microscope help microdiscectomy done
- Nerve roots & spinal cord is released
- Intervertebral space is replaced with artificial cages / PEEK / titanium / bone grafts.
- Fixation is done with plate & screws.
- After fixation, it is confirmed with fluoroscopy (plate, case, screws are perfect or not)
- The closure is done.
Our expert Neuro team at Neurowellness in Bengaluru provide consultation and treatment to all neuro problems.
Brain and Spine Clinic
#1224, Ground-Floor, 26th Main, Jayanagar 9th Block
BANGALORE – 560069
+91 72596 69911
+91 73490 17701