Neurosurgical emergencies are very important. Any delay in treating may influence patients outcome. Early diagnosis and treatment is very important, which can save life and prevent brain and spinal cord damage further.
1. Headche: If any person young or old develops sudden onset of severe headache, loss of consciousness, vomiting, or drowsiness, we should not neglect the symptoms, even if person has become normal, please consult neurosurgeon. We may need to investigate for Aneurysm.
2. Limb Weakness: If any person who is previously normal develops sudden onset of weakness in the hands and legs, foot, giddiness, speaking difficult, reach the hospital as soon as possible. (stroke)
3. Seizures: If person develops sudden onset of seizure/convulsion(shaking of the hands and legs), there may be frothing from the mouth, it could be focal seizure or generalized seizure without delay we need to consult doctor
4 Loss of consciousness: If any one develops sudden black out and regaining of consciousness after sometime. There may be multiple episodes in a day. These need to be evaluated and treated by neurosurgeon
5. Headinjury: Any head injury followed by loss of consciousness, vomiting, seizure, amnesia is an emergency.
Early evaluation and treatment may save limbs. If any person previously suffering from neck pain or back pain if suddenly develops severe increase in the nature of the pain or develops weakness in the limbs or develops urinary and faecal incontinence,it should not be neglected.
Any person suffering from severe back pain or neck pain associated with high fever, loss of weight, difficulty in walking or weakness in the limbs should be addressed immediately.
Please remember these symptoms!
- F A S T ( Face, Arm, Speech dysfunction) STROKE
- Sudden onset of Loss of consciousness
- Head injury
- Back pain
- Neck Pain
- Urinary or Faecal incontinence
- Limb weakness
- Back pain, neck pain with high fever.
** this video is made for educational purpose, content and images are used. Any objections please mail us we will remove the contents.
Our expert Neuro team at Neurowellness in Bengaluru provides consultation and treatment to all neuro problems.
Brain and Spine Clinic
#1224, Ground-Floor, 26th Main, Jayanagar 9th Block
BANGALORE – 560069
+91 72596 69911
+91 73490 17701