WHAT IS PHYSIOTHERAPY?
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that considers the way the body moves as being central to health, fitness and well-being. Physiotherapists aim to identify the exact cause of your symptoms through a thorough assessment, leading to a diagnosis and a treatment plan. This could include mobilization and manipulation, electrotherapy, specific strengthening and stretching exercises and postural education including core stability exercises ensure health, fitness and well being.
WHY DO WE NEED PHYSIOTHERAPY?
No matter how fit (or unfit) we are, most of us will suffer from aches and pains at some stage during our lives.
There are many causes for these aches and pains, some typical examples might be:
- Overexertion at sport – causing soft tissue injuries, sprains and muscle damage
- Children’s muscle or joint problems – related to growth, sport or posture
- Gardening – can cause low back pain, sciatica and neck pain
- A fall – resulting in bruises, sprains or a fracture and lead to loss of mobility and confidence
- Sedentary occupations – from poor sitting positions and postures leading to neck and shoulder pain with associated pain in the arm and hand, or low back pain and sciatica
- Road traffic accidents – often resulting in whiplash and back pain
- Post – operative problems – ongoing pain, stiffness and loss of mobility following surgery
- General aches and pains – from arthritic or inflamed joints, commonly called osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Though these conditions affect your quality of life and they can be relieved through physiotherapy treatment – helping you to get back to feeling fit and well.
Physiotherapists assess the exact cause of the symptoms and create a thorough diagnosis and treatment plan taking into considerations the psychological, cultural and social factors that influence patient condition. Post treatment, the treatment advises on the dos and don’t to ensure long term well-being and minimize the risk of a relapse
Physiotherapy center is equipped with both inpatient and outpatient facilities and offers a wide range of treatments in single and package formats. Patients preferring complete packages will get a full assessment with education and self-help programs and traditional physio therapeutic treatments.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Program:
- Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Therapeutic Exercises for cardiac and non cardiac cases
- Post – operative joint replacement rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Electrotherapy for pain management
- Patient and Family Education and counseling
Note: The services are offered at both intensive care units (ICU) as well as patient rooms (wards)
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
Neurorehabilitation: Neurorehabilitation secures the medical and social well being of persons with disabling neurological disorders.
- Nero-developmental therapy
- Sensory integration
- Motor control strategies
Ortho and Sports injuries Care:
This program lays special emphasis on knee, shoulder, spine, ankle and elbow injuries. It helps to avoid re-injury and empowers patients to better manage their injury or conditions through a detailed patient education methodology
Common conditions treated at Rehab Care include Post-arthroscopic surgery, Rotator cuff tears, Tennis elbow, Hand and wrist sprains, Trigger finger, DeQuervain’s, Spine strains and sprains and Foot and ankle injuries
Work related Injury Management care
The Physiotherapy center offers a several programs to educate employees about safe work practices and techniques and make them responsibility of their own health and safety at the workplace and outside. It covers topics such as correct postures, body mechanics and positioning. The program reduces workers’ compensation due to injuries and allied costs. Saving precious man-hours for corporates.
Vestibular rehab Program
Vestibular rehab program provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment to reduce implication from condition such a Head trauma / whiplash, Stroke, Post-op brain tumor or inner ear surgery
Neurowellness’s team of physical therapists educate patients about balance activities, eye movement exercises, flexibility and strengthening exercises and fall prevention.
Spine Care Program
Spine care program specializes in the treatment of neck and back pain that could be caused by injury and illness. Some of the best experts in the area embrace a trans disciplinary approach to treat both upper and lower spinal conditions and restore the patient to his/her maximum level of physical activity with minimum pain.
Health and Wellness
rehabilitation health and wellness programs are designed for patients who have completed their rehabilitation program and want to maintain a pain-free, healthy lifestyle.
Neurowellness provides customized programs and invites patients to use the clinic’s equipment at their convenience. Therapists are available to offer assistance and answer your questions anytime during the workout session, something that is not offered at other fitness centers.